Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The one 'n only; Argan Oil


Now, I don’t like jumping on band wagons. So when I heard all the hype about argan Oil I was a bit skeptical. I had reservations about buying it because I didn’t know much about it. Therefore, when a friend of mine bought me a little bottle as a gift, I was curious to try it out. Safe to say, I instantly fell in love with that little brown bottle of Babyliss argan Oil.

What is argan oil you ask? Well, it is derived from nuts found with the fruit in argan trees, which grow almost exclusively in a certain region of Morocco. Argan oil is high in vitamin E, essential fatty acids and antioxidants and experts believe it can help with many skin conditions, from dry skin and wrinkles to psoriasis, eczema and acne.

I used it on the ends of my hair after blow-drying and it immediately transformed the look and feel of my hair. After doing some research on the little miracle product, I found out that argan Oil also does wonders for skin. So of course, I gave I a shot and applied a little to the dryer areas of my skin such as my elbows and some dry spots on my face. I was immediately impressed. Not only does the oil hydrate dry skin, but also heals the area.

For me, the most significant benefit of argan oil is it’s ability to being life to dry hair. I highly recommend adding argan oil to your hair routine if you frequently use heat on your hair. Working a little bit of the oil to the ends of your hair will leave your hair looking shiny and healthy. Not to mention it smells phenomenal!

Argan oil is also a great item to have in you beach/pool bag. Chlorine can be really damaging to your hair, especially if it is color treated. You’ll notice the ends get dry and your hair gets tangles. Running some argan oil all over your, focusing on your ends with make it look ten times healthier.

Argan oil can be found in some lotions. Many people specifically seek these particular lotions because of its hydrating benefits. Applying a little on your hands will leave them feeling soft without feeling greasy. The oil absorbs into your skin which causes it thoroughly hydrate without leaving a greasy residue and again, it smells amazing!

There is a significant amount of argan oils on the market and they range from $5 to $20, which makes it really easy to find one that works for you!  My personal favorite is the Organix Argan Oil. A one ounce bottle will only run you about $5 and a little goes an extremely long way. Of course, you can choose from so many other options. Personally, I don’t notice a difference between higher end argan oils and drugstore ones. They all work wonders for me!

If you haven’t tried this miracle product yet, I highly suggest you look into it. I promise that it will become a Holy Grail product!

No comments:

Post a Comment