Thursday, June 20, 2013

Being Stylish For Summer Fun

Summer is about fun, memories, and living carefree, so the last thing you need to worry about is looking good when you should be experiencing all summer has to offer. Find a few tips and tricks below that help me be prepped and pretty for summer but without the fuss.




Makeup                                                                           

During the summer, please stay away from the heavy foundation and heavy makeup. There's nothing like feeling melty that will ruin your daily groove.
Foundation: For a nice, fresh summer glow, opt for a tinted moisturizer. I visited our local makeup department store (Ulta) and this woman recommended Philosophy's Hope In A Jar A to Z Cream. I was actually hesitant to purchase this because the lady touted it as this amazing new product....that literally just came out that same day. How can she know how amazing the product is if it just came out right? And when I asked her what was so amazing, she then proceeded to dazzle me with her product knowledge by...reading the label of the box to me....pppfffft! Not a very good saleswoman! Know your product if you are saying how amazing it is!!! Anyways, I bought it because Ulta has an excellent return policy and to my surprise, I haven't looked back. This is an excellent light product that combines sunscreen, moisturizer, and a light but buildable coverage. A+ to this product.
Cheeks: I combine this with a nice dusting of pink blush (for my fairly tan skin I use Lorac's PRO Powder Cheek Stain in Rosy Glow) and create the letter "W" from hairline to cheekbone to nose to cheekbone to hairline. Gives a nice rosy glow and looks like I've been lightly kissed by the sun! To highlight, I use a highlighting powder to accent the top part of my cheek. I even dust this on my brow bone.
Eyes: Keep these au natural and beautiful with a couple coats of your favorite mascara. To create a nice curl, pump the eyelash curler 5-10 times as close to the base of your lashes as possible, and a few pumps each up the length of your lashes.
Lips: Go neutral or bold! For the summer, anything is acceptable. From nudes to orange, from pinks to bold reds! Have fun and be beautiful.


Hair                                                                                

I have the perfect trick for getting beach wave hair, without heat and much time. At night, wash your hair and let it air dry. When it is slightly damp, bring your hair as high atop of your head as possible, on top of your head if you can. Start twisting your hair as tight as you can, form a tight bun/ball and secure  it with a hair tie. If it is feeling a little loose, try it again or secure with bobby pins. Looks funny I know. Next day, take it out and you will have some really nice gorgeous waves. Spray and scrunch! For shorter hair, separate your hair into two halves.


Nails                                                                              

Check my previous post on painting long lasting hues onto your nails. Go bright, bold and eye catching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment