Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Refreshments






      Happy Friday ladies, I hope this week was good to you all. But many the weekend be even better! Lately the weather has been nice from where I'm from, however it has been really hot and lately I've been finding myself dehydrated. So, for today's blog I want to share with you some summer refreshments you can make. Let’s take a look.
 
Ice Tea: No, I'm not talking about the ones from concentrate. I'm talking about real tea! All you need to do is prepare it as you normally would, dissolve some honey in a pot with water, and add it to the tea, to make it sweet. Once you have done that, place it in the fridge to cool. And once you're ready to serve it, just add ice in a cup and voila.
 
Smoothies: Smoothies are always refreshing on hot days. And they are actually quite simple to make. Just add some juice (from concentrate is fine), add some ice, and some frozen fruit. Pulse it and blend it together and you will have yourself a refreshing drink. If you want to get real fancy, you may choose to add some sorbet or frozen yogurt. They will be delicious!
 
Lemonade/ Strawberry Lemonade: If there is one thing I've noticed is that, juices really cool you off on really hot days! And what’s a better drink than lemonade? All you need to do is squeeze some lemons, (I would say about a cup of lemon juice, for 8-10 servings); add some water, and some sugar to make it a little sweet, or some honey, for that matter. Again, make sure to cook the honey with a little bit of water so it dissolves. If you want to make strawberry lemonade, you of course still need the lemons; however, this time you will also need frozen strawberries! All you need to do is blend or pulse the strawberries and the lemon juice in the blender (I like to pulse, so I can still eat the strawberries.) After that you just add about 6-8 cups of water and add some sugar or honey. Again, if you want to use honey, you need to dissolve it in a pot with some water. Once all of this is done, let it sit in the fridge for a while. Once it’s nice and cool, you will have yourself a very tasty drink.
 
      Okay ladies, there you have it. I hope you try out these refreshments and that they help you cool off during the hot summer days. I hope you all have a lovely weekend, until next time. 


Photo Citation: Jamie. Home Made Strawberry Lemonade.mybakingaddiction.7 July 2011. 26 July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment