Saturday, January 25, 2014

Three Methods of Teasing Your Hair

Adding volume to your hair has never been easier, but it has also never been more damaging to your hair. So, as a teasing rule of thumb, only tease when absolutely necessary. I usually tease my hair on "second day hair" because it falls so flat on my head. Of course, you always have the option to use products as well, but there is something that teasing does for hair that is rarely found in products. So, I totally understand the addiction of backcombing your hair.



What you may not know is that there are a variety of different ways that you can tease your hair, and each method will give you a distinctive appearance. All you need is the brushes mentioned below, and some hair spray! Here are the different ways that I get my locks to defy gravity.

Flick the Strands Lightly With a Paddle Brush
Teasing doesn't always have to be done right at the roots. One of my favourite ways to tease my hair is to use my paddle brush and flick my strands backwards, as opposed to dragging it along the entire shaft. With a few quick flicks, my hair is teased and has less of a tangle. I lightly brush over the top and instantly, I have the volume desired without my hair being out of this century.

Focus on the Roots With a Comb
The most common way of teasing your hair is done at the roots. A fine teethed comb can be used, but I like to use a teasing brush specifically. It tricks me into thinking that I'm not doing nearly as much damage to my hair. All you have to do is section your hair into 3 inches and an inch from the root, start back combing. The trick to this method of teasing is that it has to be done underneath the top layer of your hair, and you must have enough hair to cover the teasing part.

Texture Tease With Round Brush
This is a great way to add some texture to your hair, and I specifically do this for up dos. You lightly tease the strands of your hair, just to brush over them slightly so that there is a bit of hold and texture put into the style. This is a favorite thing to do for bangs that you want to be pulled back into the entire hairstyle.

Remember, ladies. Teasing your hair is super destroying, so try to do it only when absolutely needed. There are quality products that will give you a similar look without the incredible damage that teasing does. I can't blame you though - I have a teasing addiction too.

Photo Credit: http://www.becomegorgeous.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment