Saturday, February 22, 2014

Easy Goddess Hairstyle Tutorial

I came up with the greatest little hair tutorial the other day. It was one of those days where my hair was doing its own thing, but it turned out to work to my benefit. My hair ended up turning into a goddess-esque hairstyle that was completely effortless, yet so chic. Here is the quick tutorial that literally took me a couple of minutes to achieve.


Natural Dry With Scrunching
Every girl has scrunched their hair a time or two, and this is just another. In order to achieve that wavy, scrunch look, I instantly scrunched my hair with the towel as I stepped out of the shower and then threw it up in the towel. I let my hair dry like this for a couple of minutes before removing it from my towel and scrunching some more, with just the towel. Once it was a little more dry, I added in some serum and scrunched that it and allowed my hair to air dry. If your hair is pin-straight, getting the scrunchy look may not be as easy for you, so you may have to use scrunching product specifically.

Bring In The Braids
I actually put the braids in my hair to pull them off of my face. I grabbed a section of hair from the front of my face on one side and brought it to the back, just behind my ear. I then grabbed a section from the back crown area and conjoined the two. I loosely created three sections from them and created an extremely loose and short braid. Since scrunching leaves your hair kind of tangled, I didn't use a hair elastic and sprayed the entire hair style, including the ends of my braid. I then repeated on the other side.

Effortless Achieved
Since there are no elastics securing the braids, the ends fell into the rest of the hair naturally, allowing the entire look to come together completely. My hair was off my face so that I could run errands, cook, clean and do whatever else that I needed to do, without being bothered by bangs and the front of my hair.

We all have those days where we just want our hair to look fabulous without us doing anything to it. Luckily, I have created this fabulous little goddess hairstyle that is modern enough for today's trends, yet easy enough for everyone to be able to achieve and pull off.

All you need is some scrunching product if your hair doesn't hold the waves in naturally, and some hair spray and voila! Your look is complete.

Photo Credit: Beauty with Chantilliscious

No comments:

Post a Comment